A swarm of honeybees can be a daunting thing, but don’t worry – we’re here to help.
Please note that CBKA swarm collectors can only deal with swarms of honeybees.
In particular, we cannot deal with any of the following situations.
- Wasp nests
- Bumblebee nests
- Solitary bee colonies
- Hornet nests
- Honeybees which are nesting in roof cavities, chimneys, wall cavities etc.
A swarm is a cluster of bees, often about the size of a rugby ball, but sometimes larger. There may be some flying bees too, but most of them will be in a clump. Sometimes they’ll be spread out on a wall.
The BBKA provides a central swarm collector location service for people who have found a swarm and would like it collected.
Please click on the button below to be transferred to the BBKA swarm collector web page.
- To improve the education of the public in the importance of bees in our eco system.
- To provide advice and assistance to beekeepers.
- Continued support of the craft of beekeeping.
- An improved understanding by the public of the importance of bees in the environment.
- Inclusiveness. We recognise the interdependence of all beekeepers.
- Engagement. We are committed in engaging with our members and the public to further our mission.
- Collaboration. We work in partnership with the national beekeeping association to support our vision.