We welcome new members to CBKA! There are lots of benefits to joining.
- Newsletters – our regular Newsletters and annual Yearbook keep you up to date with latest developments.
- Insurance – vital Third Party Public Liability cover and some disease insurance is included in the cost of your subscription.
- British Beekeepers Association (BBKA) – The CBKA is a Member Association of the British Beekeepers’ Association. This means that Ordinary and Partner Members of the CBKA are also members of the BBKA and receive their monthly newsletters as well as the insurance benefits mentioned above.
- Annual Show – Try your skill at producing show-quality hive products (and maybe win a trophy!) at our annual Honey Show.
- Equipment Loan – free loan of the items of expensive equipment you may not have.
- Talks and Meetings – monthly throughout the year, on practical, and scientific topics, plus top speakers at our annual One Day Meeting.
- Swarm notification – CBKA members are notified of hundreds of local swarms a year – join our Swarm List if you would like some.
- Practical Advice – Even the most experienced beekeeper faces new problems every year. Come to our meetings and ask – you will probably find someone who has experience of solving the same problem.
- Library – Cambridge Central Library maintains our large private collection of old and new books on beekeeping. Borrowing by CBKA members only.
- Social Events – Our Annual Dinner is the major social event – but we chat over tea after virtually every apiary and evening meeting.
- Beginners’ Courses – Our annual course for newcomers to beekeeping allied to beginner-oriented practical sessions in the apiary.
You can return your membership form either by email or by post.
Sending Membership Form via email:
You can print the membership form, fill it in, then scan it and email it to email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can fill in the form the form and sign it electronically. To do this, first save the form as a PDF on your device. Next, open it, click into the highlighted fields and fill in your details. It is possible to add an electronic signature to a PDF. If you haven’t done this before, you may be prompted to set it up – it’s quick, easy and free. After you have electronically signed the form, save it.
You can then email the filled in and signed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any problems filling out the form electronically, it’s probably easiest to print it and post it. Please let the membership secretary know if you have any issues, so the process can be improved accordingly in the future.
Sending Membership Form By post: Complete the form andsend it to Liz Cox, 135 Shelford Rd, Cambridge CB2 9ND.
Membership fees can be paid by card or by cheque.
Payments by card: To pay by card: Visit www.cbka.org.uk/pay and enter the amount due. Your payment will be processed by PayPal and you don’t need a PayPal account to use this service.
Payments by cheque: Post a cheque payable to CBKA to Liz Cox, 135 Shelford Rd, Cambridge cb2 9nd.